RSS

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Nings

What I like about the library 2.0 Ning is the way it combines almost all of the 2.0 tools including blogs, wikis, forums, photos, and videos. These features allow people to

express their thoughts (blogs)
colaborate on the same projects (Wikis)
discuss topics (forum)
add photos and videos (flickr, Youtube...)

I find Nings are very useful and handy. All content is accessible on the one page. It groups people who have the same interests, passions and jobs so that they can share ideas, knowlege, expertise and learn from each other in an international network. We can also make friends with people we wouldn't otherwise have been able to meet, and friendship is one of the needs in one's life besides our own family.

I joined library 2.0 ning yesterday, I am very happy to see my name appear on it today. I added my flickr photos on it. It is so exciting to me. I need more time to explore it.

I think it is a very good idea to have Nings in our library website. It helps libraries to get feedback from our patrons. evaluate our services and our resources...

It is also good for promotion, marketing, bookclubs and book reviews.


Visit Library 2.0

4 comments:

pls@slnsw said...

I like the way you have embedded the ning logo on your blog.

Ellen

Lilly said...

Hi Ellen,
I am always happy to see your comments when I open my blog!

Today I left a comment for Mike Mcqueen because I am interested in his site about GettingBoysToRead. I hope I will be able to learn from him and get all the boys at Stanmore library to read.
L

Lilly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lilly said...

Hi Ellen,
According to the lesson, Nings combine wikis on it but I didn't see where it is.
I want to add another of the Ning widgets to my blog but I don't know where to find it. can you show me.

L

Thanks.