RSS

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Delicious (Week 7)

I have set up my own delicious account which includes my favourite sites and all the sites that I regularly visit. There is a link to this in my blog.

I think delicious is a very convenient site for creating a collection of bookmarks which can be easily accessed anywhere by just saving it only once on the site. This is a great improvement in comparison to the past where I had to save my bookmarks repeatedly on different computers by copying the URL to my email and then pasting it on separate computers.

Tagging makes searching for information much easier. Social bookmarking is a great tool to use in the library, because the sites selected have been evaluated by many visitors including professionals in the field so that the information is more reliable. It can help to provide quality information to patrons for their research as well as add to the library’s collections. It also gives many students the opportunity to access electronic versions of the same information simultaneously.

Cleveland Public Library’s recommended bookmarks page is a good example. It makes it easier for patrons to browse through the bookmarks and gain access to related sites quickly.

Technorati

I searched "bookmobile" by keyword and the advanced search feature, and both had similar results. However with the tag search feature less results were made available.

When I entered the keyword "nswpln2008" there were no results for post, blogs and videos but there were for photos. The tag search for this term had the same result.

0 comments: