RSS

Friday, February 29, 2008

Sowing the seeds of new knowledge, 2.0

This program is very attractive to me, because it involves features that are unfamiliar to me, such as blogs, Flickr, RSS …. I am going to sow that seed of new knowledge in my head and hope it will grow and flourish in the next 12 weeks.

What do I think about lifelong learning?

I value lifelong learning, as it is very important like oxygen and food that one cannot forgo in their life. Since the time of birth, this world, we have started to learn consciously or unconsciously from parents, from the environment, from schools, from friends and work…for the purpose of survival and securing job prospects, all of which conduce to happiness.
Learning a new thing to me is a passion, a hobby… a source of happiness in my life.

What other blogs have I discovered? What do I like about them?

During the course of the week I came across different blogs such as library blogs and other public blogs with different interests ranging from professional to personal. Blogs include text, images and videos with transcripts, so that the readers with impaired hearing or computers without sound cards can still manage.

Can I see a use for blogs inside the library and how about blogging for a client audience?

I learnt about many of the features that blogs possess, some of which include:
· Easy, free and quick sharing of news on the web
· Blogging makes news a two way street
· A record of comments by other viewers
As a result, libraries can use blogs to share news, ideas and as a way of networking, promoting, educating and passing on information to our clients, on the other hand our clients can comment on it so that we can improve our services to meet our clients’ needs.

2 comments:

pls@slnsw said...

What did you think of the Powerhouse blog? What is your favourite blog so far?

Leanne

Lilly said...

Hi Leanne,
Thanks for the commenting. So far I haven't explored that far, I have only had the time to view our blogs and the libraries' blogs. I like library blogs the most, because they share ideas on how our other colleages have used blogs in libraries, such as in book clubs and activities etc.
I would like to ask you back the same question that you asked me (Do you mind?) - what are your thoughts on the Powerhouse blog?
Cheers,
Lilly.