RSS

Saturday, February 23, 2008

My first blog!

As a member of the library staff, I am really excited about participating and learning from this program at my own pace and place. I intend to keep abreast with new developments in technology to provide quality service to the patrons of the library.

I am impressed by the rapid changes in technology. With the simple click of a button we can search for information on any topic. Editing has now become a lot simpler and hassle-free. Communication with people who live on the other side of world is possible, and the introduction of web cameras for example, has allowed us to talk and keep in touch with others visually as if they were sitting in the same room.

Having viewed some of the video clips, I discovered how easy it was to set up a blog. One of the great uses of blogs for libraries is for promotion of services to customers. I believe video clips are a very useful way to educate patrons in downloading e-books, searching catalogues and to make them aware of our internet services.

0 comments: