RSS

Monday, December 14, 2009

Productivity : more ways with rss

I was introduced to RSS tools in nswlearning2.0 last year and have been using them as a tool for my self-study since then. I've been subscribing to learning language sites and been listening to, and reading them on a regular basis via iTunes, emails and bloglines.

I've tried Google alert, Spoken Text--Text to speech RSS and Tabbloid.
"Spoken Text" is the tool which I like the most. It is just like magic when you see how easily and quickly it can convert text in a word document, pdf file, powerpoint, and web pages into audio files. You can then share these audio files on blogs, or transportable devices eg, ipod, cd.

1 comments:

pls@slnsw said...

Great to hear how you have been using rss, and that you enjoyed some of the new things you can do with it.

Ellen